Skip to main content

Street Photography






These are my own final street photography images 





This lady was stood on the pavement on her phone and she didn't even see me take the photograph, her bright red jacket, hat, bag, and shoes in combination with the light blue dress bring her right into the foreground, but it's worked well with the man behind her is looking right at me.



This was taken just near the bus station in Bristol at night and I've used a slow shutter speed to capture the light traces of the car as it moves.   





This is slightly out of focus I think but its composition works well and your eye is drawn to the people as they walk along the pavement, you're able to see their movement with the use of a slow shutter speed. 




This was taken the same night when I was near the bus station in Bristol, funnily enough, it's actually a bus going by and I like how everything is quite sharp apart from the blur as it drives past me.




Its worked well with the position I was in when I took this shot, there's quite a lot going on as these people wait to cross the road 








Although there's nobody walking along or much happening I like how the restaurant is right on the corner and the sunlight and scaffolding bring the dark front the main focal point.








I think this shot is great with the two graffiti characters on the side of the really small pub right in between two larger buildings, the grey builds and pavement make them stand out well.









It's kind of hard to tell what's happening in this image but the different colored lights look so good at night. 







This was taken up in Clifton Village in the evening just as the sun was going down and I got right up against the car which makes you look down the road in some way. 



This is similar to one of my other photos as there's nobody walking about at all, but as I've done a couple of times before a slow shutter speed shows the movement of the white and purple lorry behind the tree, and it stands out well against the green leaves on the trees in the background  























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research studio portraits

Research photos These first two shots were taken by   Philippe Echaroux  who is a French celebrity photographer, he decided to set a kind of makeshift studio in a small stairwell.  I like how he used the flash from the righthand side and it highlights certain areas of the face.  The next TIFF x Huawei Portrait Studio photos were taken Andreanne Gautheir with a Huawei P20  I like the postion of the subject sitting down, he seems quite relaxed and he is not looking directly at the camera.

Saori shoot - (Location Task)

I n Japanese, the “ORI” in SAORI means “weaving”. The “SA” of SAORI has the same meaning as the Zen word “SAI”. It means that everything has its own individual dignity.  About Erna Janine... Erna Janine has been involved with natural textiles for over 20 years. She studied hand spinning with animal and plant fibres, botanical dyes and Viking age textile construction: warp weighted looms, tablet weaving, nalbinding etc. at the Icelandic College for traditional handcrafts in Reyjavik. For the last four years she has been visiting Japan regularly to study Saori freeweaving, a handweaving technique deleloped by Misao Jo. Unlike traditional textile techniques, which rely on repeating patterns, Saori Weaving is freestyle, personal to the weaver and so expressive that each cloth is unique, a work of art.  Examples of some shots of SAORI garments ...

Studio Photography 'Object story'

Object Story  These images were taken to show how difficult it can be to photograph metallic or reflective surfaces due to seeing a reflection of the camera or photographer in the image. To overcome this issue a studio softbox is used to help reduce the reflective quality of the object, this box helps to diffuse the light. Folding photo studio softbox cube box used to take these shots with a light pointing down from the top lefthand side. Photos I have taken for the Object story. The following two images are of a large permanent marker. I chose this object because of the story attached to it in terms of where it has travelled. The marker is approximately eight years old, it was originally red, however other colour inks have been used as refills. The marker has travelled with me to different cities around the UK. The following images were chosen for my object story because they show so...